Pride In Participating

Peyton Blevins

Flyer for the EHS serves event

Peyton Blevins, Reporter

EHS students had the opportunity to participate in a day to serve the community by being a part of EHS serves. Students met on March 5th to not only do acts of service but also have the opportunity to gain community service hours.

The students that signed-up could have done two types of projects. ”Some of the projects will involve making items to donate to organizations and charities in the community. The projects included making no-sew scarves for a homeless shelter, painting flower pots for nursing home residents (we will add a flower to them), and making kindness bookmarks to place in books at the EHS library and the Trenton library. In addition, each student will get to travel to a volunteer site in the community. Those sites will include the Trenton Food Pantry, the St. Peter Church Free Store, and the Chrisholm Farm MetroParks. Students helped those organizations with tasks needed to operate,” Mrs Beiser said. This was also an opportunity for students to earn their community service seal. ”Students can complete a form to verify their hours of community service to go toward a seal. I will discuss this with participants at the conclusion of the event.” She said. This day was a fun time for students and their classmates to do good things for themselves and our community. ”Based on what we experienced when we held this program in the past, I think students should expect to enjoy working with their peers and experiencing the pride of giving back to their community. Most students enjoyed the social interactions, as well as leaving with a sense of pride in the work that they did to give back to the community”. She stated.