“Dungeons & Dragons: Honor Among Thieves” Review

A+poster+for+Dungeons+%26+Dragons%3A+Honor+Among+Thieves+

Evan Robertson

A poster for “Dungeons & Dragons: Honor Among Thieves”

Evan Robertson, Reporter

“Dungeons & Dragons: Honor Among Thieves” was released to movie theaters on March 31, 2023.

According to Polygon.com, on opening weekend the movie grossed $38.5 million in the United States and around $33 million internationally. These are surprisingly good numbers for a movie that’s announcement came with such low expectations.

Olivia Saylor, a sophomore and member of the Dungeon & Dragons club at Edgewood, didn’t expect much from the movie.

“When I talked to my friends about it most of them said they weren’t even gonna see it,” Saylor said.

Olivia Saylor, a sophomore who saw the new movie in theaters (Evan Robertston)

It seems the movie definitely outperformed expectations coming in with a 7.6/10 on IMDb, a 90% on Rotten Tomatoes, and a couple of positive reviews from Edgewood students. Olivia says there are some things she wishes the movie would have expanded on but still enjoyed it. 

“Overall, being able to fit what they did into a 2-hour movie and still have it be good is impressive,” Saylor said. “I enjoyed the movie and would definitely watch a second one.” 

Elle Koontz, a senior, thought the movie was funny and accurate to D&D.

“It was nice if you played D&D because you could notice certain things but if you didn’t then you could still enjoy the movie,” Koontz said. 

Most reviews seem to be positive and suggest it’s a movie worth watching. Gather some friends and find a local theater for a fun Dungeons & Dragons movie experience.