Good Music and Good Deeds

peyton Blevins

Flyer for spring concert

Peyton Blevins, Reporter

The Jazz Band, Percussion Ensemble, Trumpet Trio, and Concert Band are having a spring concert on Friday, March 18th at 7pm at the EHS gym. Along with an opportunity for students to enjoy music, they will also be accepting donations for the Christina Cooke scholarship fund.

Mr. Arnold, the Band Director, is setting up the spring concert. People should expect music from different band groups. Mr. Arnold said, “There will be a variety of music ranging from Jazz Band to Percussion Ensemble to Concert Band.” At the front door there will be students taking donations.  “The goal is to raise as much as possible.”, he said. The donations will be going towards a fund, “We are taking donations for the Christina Cooke Scholarship fund.” he said. The concert’s purpose is for the band to have fun and for the community to have a good time.  Mr. Arnold said, “To provide an opportunity for the students to perform and for the community to come and enjoy some great music”. There are a variety of bands playing at the concert, “Jazz Band, Percussion Ensemble, Trumpet Trio, Concert Band” Mr. Arnold stated. As of getting into the concert don’t worry it’s free. ”Please come out to support our student musicians” Mr. Arnold said.